Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Now offering: Locally roasted Cold Pressed Coffee!

This blog post was written by Asher Yaron, who is currently offering locally roasted coffee through our CSA program.


Cold Pressed Coffee - A Healthy Elixir!

Recently I was introduced to a process of making coffee called, cold pressed. I was so im-pressed by the
delicious flavor and smoothness that I have made it a significant part of my business. Cold pressed
coffee stays fresh for weeks in the refrigerator and you can't beat the convenience. Just take it out of the fridge
and either heat it up or add ice. No equipment necessary!

I am now making and delivering cold pressed coffee in 1 qt. containers for $10 each. Cold pressed coffee is a concentrate and is usually diluted with water (1 part cold pressed to 3-5 parts water). It is ideal for entertaining and perfect for iced blended coffee drinks on a hot summer day.

Like many other cold pressed food processes it is a healthier option. Cold pressed coffee contains 60% less acid and 50% less caffeine. It is very smooth with no bitter aftertaste. If you are a coffee lover and have never tried it, I highly recommend it!

Here is how I create this delicious elixir:

1. The first step is to obtain freshly roasted coffee beans (I know where you can get some!).
2. I grind the beans on a coarse setting (I use 5 lbs. of beans for each batch and 3 gallons of water).
3. I then place the coarsely ground coffee in a large container that has a super-sized coffee filter.
4. Fresh well water is then sprinkled on the grounds (use 1/2 - 3/4 of a gallon of water for each pound of coffee).
5. Allow the water and grounds to soak for 24 hours.
6. Drain the liquid and keep stored in the refrigerator.

Give it a try.....and remember, fresh roasted always tastes better!

No comments: